Ivailo has more than 20 years of experience within the Software Industry. Obtained thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle, working for a broad spectrum of companies and roles like system engineering, software development, architecture and consulting.
Within Swisscom one of the main drivers behind the adoption of technologies like Distributed Tracing, SLO Management and Anomaly Detection. Promoting the idea that observability is actually a data science problem.
Talk: Holistic Monitoring - Taming IT and Organizational Complexity
When operating complex infrastructure, a key challenge is to get a holistic monitoring view of running services that supports: 1. A common customer centric culture across the organization
2. Making investment decisions
3. Minimizing MTTR and maximizing the Deployment Frequency The key ingredients of a solution we showcase in this talk are: - Decentralized responsibility in a centralized view: Self-service SLO and AD management
- Team Mastery: Consulting, training and support
- Seamless integration: advanced stream and batch processing
- Auditable progress towards the targets